Thursday, August 7, 2008

Above is the unprocessed RAW File. I then processed out 3 images. 1 where I processed for the Highlights, one for the Shadows, and then one neutral one (Same exposure but with the colour temperature corrected.) I then took it into Photoshop and combined them into the image below. The image below has a High Dynamic Range (HDR) you can see that there are many more tones then what is seen in the original image. 

This is not the best image to use for HDR, but it works and I just wanted to test out the method. I'll be experimenting with HDR and soon I will get something really cool. Generally HDR images are really over processed and look fake. I really like the method that I've found because it is practical, this can be used for weddings and capturing both the sky detail and detail in the subjects faces.


1 comment:

jmetni01 said...

what a difference! especially the red pole.. it's shaped like a heart too, haha. awesome techniqueeee